Monday, June 30, 2008

Return, return, return

J.Crew at ShopStyle


Yesterday I spent the day returning stuff online. I returned $923 worth of merchandise!! May was a bad month for self-control. First up was J.Crew where I returned a pair of shorts (they were marked down even further so I bought them again & returned the more expensive pair), a slub cotton t-shirt & a cardigan--both of these were in green & a prettier color than the bright orange pictured above, but still not a great shade of green...and neither matched my Marc by Marc Jacobs shoes (see the curse post below). I also bought some flip flops for $11 b/c I my feet were killing me in platform wedges.

Next up: Neiman Marcus. I returned a Chip & Pepper Bama t-shirt (it's the family team) because I it was $37 at NM, but $23 at Nordstrom. I also returned a Joie top, which is so cute, but even the XS was too big. Finally, I returned the Marc by Marc Jacobs bag because the stitching was coming apart. I ordered it's replacement a few weeks ago & so far so good. NM is great about returns. I forgot the receipt for the bag, but they were able to look it up my order and return it without a problem.

Bloomingdales: In theory it was a great outfit--Alice + Olivia pink shirt & white pants to go with my Betsey Johnson pink plaid peep-toe platforms (that's a lot of Ps!), but the top didn't match the shoes & really, $100 for a fancy t-shirt is a rip-off. I returned the pants too because I didn't need them. I also returned a Velvet cotton jersey shirt dress. It was a great fall dress for $15 (!!) and matched a pair of shoes perfectly, but it didn't fit right across the chest. Ya know that annoying button bulging thing? grrr.

Last stop, Saks. I was a little worried because I bought the dress 5 weeks ago and the receipt said sale merchandise must be returned within 30 days. I tried on a cute yellow Vince dress, but it wasn't very flattering (I thought maybe if I made an exchange, they would look past the date issue). I couldn't find anything else, so I decided just to go for it. Fortunately the saleswoman didn't say anything at all. Sadly, the DVF dress is no longer mine.

My good friends Mastercard, Visa, and AmericanExpress are much happier today.

No comments: